Thursday 1 January 2015

Restful New Year

Well it's that time of year again, 1st January.  The start of a new year, a time when most people make new plans, new goals, have new hopes for the forthcoming days, weeks, months.

I'm not really one for making resolutions,  don't really see the point. It's like setting yourself up to fail on purpose.  Why do that?

So no resolutions from me but what I do want to do is take some time to enjoy all that happened last year.  Last year was a jam packed year - the whole rigmarole of getting the Dude into school (which basically went on for 8 months from applying for a place in January to the day he started in August), moving house, change to work patterns, minor illnesses, 2 cars deciding to part company from us, I turned 40, news of changes in our immediate wider family, etc, etc.

Lots of good happened, nothing terribly bad and lots of people had to deal with lots worse than us. It was just a lot to keep on track of mentally. So as 2015 starts I'm celebrating in a low key fashion and planning lots of good stuff to keep me busy for the next 12 months.

(the photos are just to prove I did actually make something in 2014, I did make a little more than just these but there are few decent photos on my phone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome :) please feel free to comment, I do read them. I will respond to all comments, maybe not very quickly so I apologise in advance, but y'know sometimes we'd all like more hours in the day to fit everything in.