Sunday 13 October 2013

Grateful

At the start of last weekend there was bad news about one of my bosses.  Sadly he passed away from lung cancer at the very young age of 57.  He was diagnosed just over 6 months ago so his passing has come as a bit of a shock to everyone at work. 


I've known him for 20 years and he was (it feels odd writing in the past tense) one of life's good people.  Although he was high up in management he treated everyone the same, irrespective of position.  He always spoke, took an interest in you, asked after your family.  He was a great family man, having 6 kids.  I really feel for them just now.

He was well respected by many people, so much so that our work are organising a bus to take colleagues to and from his funeral this week.  It will be difficult, but hell we are only work colleagues, how his family are coping just now I have no idea.  His family have been through more than enough in the last few years  - his sister passed from cancer, his elderly father was attacked in the street and died shortly afterwards and they then had to go through the court case.  Fortunately the person was caught and is now detained at her majesty's pleasure.

Although the passing is sad, we have all been trying to find a positive way to look at things.  This man was such a vibrant, happy, positive person that it's only right that we look at life in a positive manner.  While indulging in my pinterest passion I came across this and it just seems so fitting at the moment.
I can be a bit of moaner at times (can't we all?) but even I annoy myself so this is a little reminder to stop whenever I feel a moan coming on and appreciate what I have.  I'm grateful that I had the pleasure of knowing this gentleman (he really was a true gent) and I'm grateful that he is no longer suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome :) please feel free to comment, I do read them. I will respond to all comments, maybe not very quickly so I apologise in advance, but y'know sometimes we'd all like more hours in the day to fit everything in.