Thursday 10 October 2013

Life at 4

I was having a little conversation with the Dude while he was in the bath last night about his day. 

 (slight obsession with swimming now he's got the hang of it)

He is always a bit reticent to tell us what happens at nursery, 'I can't remember', is his usual response when asked.  Even if we are still in the playground!  Anyhoo, yesterday is turned out there was a fire engine at the school and the nursery kids had been shown round about it.  The Dude even got a wee shot at firing the hose (with the aid of a fireman) so we chatted about that a little.  I then asked him if he wanted to be a fireman when he grows up -

Dude - no, mummy
Me - ok, so what do you want to do
D - 3 things - 1 land thing and 2 water things
M - Really, can you tell what they are
D - the land thing is an explorer
M - oh ok
D - the water things are a deep sea diver and the captain of a ship
M - the captain of a ship sounds good
D - oh no, not a ship, the submarine
M - what submarine
D - the yellow one of course!

I'm still trying to figure out how he knows about The Yellow Submarine but it's a good aim in life at 4!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome :) please feel free to comment, I do read them. I will respond to all comments, maybe not very quickly so I apologise in advance, but y'know sometimes we'd all like more hours in the day to fit everything in.